TEN THINGS SYDNEY
- Sales volumes are now falling.
- Both house and attached dwellings values are rising. The median house sale value is $1,134,000 and the median attached dwelling sale value is $720,000.
- House values rose 12% over the last 12 months. Attached values rose by 8.6%. (Based on a data source we can trust).
- The number of houses listed for sale is falling; rising a bit for attached stock.
- Resale dwelling supply remains very tight, with under a three month supply on the market.
- As does the rental vacancy rate, which is still under 2%.
- Weekly rents continue to grow. The median weekly house rent is $720 and $530 per week for attached dwellings.
- Rents lifted by 4.3% for houses and 1.9% for attached stock over last year.
- Gross rental yields are low and falling, being 3.2% and 3.7% respectively.
- Housing to buy is increasingly expensive, with an 8.6 dwelling price to household income ratio. Tenants are paying 28% of their income in rent.
Go here to get your copy of our Capital Cities Outlook Report.
The report features price, rent, population and employment forecasts for the Sydney region. We cover the other seven capitals cities, too.
“Comprehensive, good looking and easy to read – keep up the good work” Leath
Keen to hear your thoughts.
Until next time,
Not all Missives are posted on our website. Sign up and we’ll deliver every Matusik Missive direct to your inbox. Go here to subscribe. It’s free!